Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ general value present day?

To: Byron Cordes via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ general value present day?
From: Malcolm McLeman <f5vbu@cegetel.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 13:22:02 +0200
Before parting with your Omni VI may I suggest you consider one thing.
Omni VI not only its attributes as a receiver with unsurpassable QSK but how it sounds on air  CW to others. When Japanese transceivers became popular in  the '60's they were primarily intended for SSB  with CW as an appendage and remember the FT101 reviewed as such.  Things have changed since then but I still maintain Japaese rigs do not in any way compare in purity of CW note  (imo Icom worst) with TT or Elecraft' I regularly check my O6 on air keying via a SDR in PA and it is second to none.
73
Malcolm F5VBU