[TenTec] Argonaut V 516

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V 516
From: John Hodge <john@hodge.uk.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 18:40:32 +0000
Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I have an Argonaut V 516 with a noisy receive front end. Without an antenna connected, the S-meter shows a varying signal level between S1 and S3, on all bands.

I suspect one of the RF preamp FETs but because the RF board is a plug-in and I don't have extenders it's nigh impossible to carry out live checks. Had the board out, removed the tin shield and cold checks on the 3 FETs show a measureable discrepancy in resistance readings on one of the FETs. All 3 circuits look the same in the manual.

Does anyone have any experience working on this model? Anyone know what the SMT FETs are? Any help  would be appreciated.

73, John G8CCD