[TenTec] Argonaut 509 - PTO rebuild parts/instructions needed - still po

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut 509 - PTO rebuild parts/instructions needed - still possible? advice/recommendations?
From: wb0gaz via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 03:06:37 +0000 (UTC)
 My Argonaut 509 (S/N 509-3xxx) has been in storage for a long time, and after
unpacking it and putting it in line, I discovered the PTO (frequency dial, not
the resonator rack) control is largely immobile. I suspect the PTO mechanism
grease has gone bad and I'd need to remove the PTO, disassemble, remove the old
grease, apply new grease, reassemble, re-install and realign.

All that said, the last time I did this (for another PTO-based analog Ten-Tec
transceiver) was some years ago and Ten-Tec at the time could supply the needed
materials and instructions.

I presume with Ten-Tec gone that I'm "on my own", so looking here for any
advice as to how to proceed. I no longer have the materials (I recall a kind of
green grease and a very small metal part) nor instructions (a few photocopied
pages, which served well the last time I did this years ago.)

The 509 seems otherwise to be in good shape, it's just stuck at xx.060 MHz or
thereabouts.

Thanks for any suggestions!

73 Dave WB0GAZ wb0gaz@yahoo.com