[TenTec] Please help - value of capacitor in parallel with R58 on Argo 5

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Please help - value of capacitor in parallel with R58 on Argo 516 PA Board needed
From: Steve Ireland <stevevk6vz@tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 16:19:50 +0800
G’day

A friend and I are trying to repair a TT Argonaut V 516 PA board. The fault
seems now to lie with a small capacitor which is in parallel with R58 (470
ohms) on the PA board.

This capacitor has gone open circuit but is not shown on the Ten Tec 516 PA
board schematic!!! To make matters worse, on this particular capacitor, the
value is indistinguishable, owing to fading.

The resistor and capacitor is part of the 3 times negative voltage generator,
which generates -150V to ensure the PA low pass filters, apart from the one
being used, are switched out of circuit.

Please can anyone let me know what the value of this mysterious component is?
Thank you!!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ (also G3ZZD)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10