[TenTec] Paragon 585 Pass Band Tuning VXCO Replacement Crystal Available

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon 585 Pass Band Tuning VXCO Replacement Crystal Available
From: Brian Holmes <brian@rocketperformance.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 08:39:11 -0500
The VXCO on my pass band tuning board shifted 12-15 kHz low in frequency which
was outside of the center frequency of all of the filters.  As a result, only
the 6 kHz  (i.e. no filter) BW position worked.

Since no spares of that part were available and since I was concerned about
just putting a spare board in only to perhaps have the same issue, I ordered a
new crystal from Bomar. Two crystals was the same price as one so, if anyone
needs a crystal, let me know.  All charge half of what I paid plus shipping.

I put the rock in and it bang on. Very happy with it.

Thanks,

Brian
VE3IK