Re: [TenTec] Set up for FT-8 for my Omni7

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Set up for FT-8 for my Omni7
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 09:22:48 -0400
The Omni 7 has a digital interface installed. It’s not much, and all I did was
plug in the cable from the back of the rig to the computer’s sound port.
Nothing in-between. I use the vox to provide T/R switching.

I use the software to ride herd on the transmit audio drive level.

Works great and didn’t cost me a dime. I used the cables that Ten Tec included
with the Omni 7

Mike Bryce wb8vge
prosolar@sssnet.com

"The eye is always caught by the light, but shadows have more to say"