[TenTec] S-meter on the Pegasus

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] S-meter on the Pegasus
From: Chuck Till <k4rgn@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:06:06 +0000
I've seen two Pegasus programming documents that describe the process to
retrieve the S-meter setting. They both say that the computer should issue the
command 3F 53 0D and that the Peg will respond 53 XX YY 0D. But my Peg responds
with 53 WW XX YY ZZ 0D. In other words, the response has four data bytes
instead of two. This apparently confuses Hamlib that's built into FLrig and
WSJT-X, although N4PY gets it right.

Anyone know the story on this? I assume there was a firmware revision to the
Peg at some point.

73 Chuck K4RGN

---
Chuck Till
K4RGN@ARRL.NET
Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina, 27613, USA (FM05pv81)