Re: [TenTec] Closing the loop (sort of) on the Orion II Freq alignment i

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Closing the loop (sort of) on the Orion II Freq alignment issue
From: Marcus Florido <k4vbb@LIVE.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 02:58:15 +0000
While my other message awaits moderator approval, and until it gets posted,
this one will lack a little context.

The long and short of it is that I posted a link to a source of some TCXO's
that are NOS of the original TCXO that goes in the Orion II.  Unfortunately,
the site was in Japanese.  Not only that, the auction site does not ship to the
US.

BUT!

I have an old Marine Corps buddy that lives in Japan.  I spoke with him and he
was kind enough to order some for me.  When it's all said and done, I'll have
in my possession 4 original equipment TCXO's for the Ten Tec Orion II.  He'll
ship to me them once they arrive at his place, so I don't have any prospective
timeline on when I'll get them.  Once I do, I'll gladly re-sell one of them at
cost ( they were about 9 bucks a piece) and ship it to you should you want to
replace the one that's in your rig.  I think that this will correct the problem
you're having, and it should be an easy replacement.  I'm keeping one for
myself in case I ever need it, and I'm not sure what to do with the other 2 yet.

If you're good with a soldering iron, I think you'll be able to have your rig
back to 100%.

--K4VBB