Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525D meter sticking at half scale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525D meter sticking at half scale
From: dukeshifi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 14:31:21 -0600
That radio uses the same meter as used int the Omni V, VI and Paragon. They are
known for this issue.

I generally am able to fix them by removing from the radio and peeling the
front off (really easy on this meter). I then use Avery small screwdriver
(eyeglass repair type) to turn the front pivot screw 1/4 turn CCW (or less,
just enough to get smooth movement).

Do this in a really clean spot and work on the table with a clean white towel
laid out as a clean shield. You don’t want to get any dust bunnies in there,
especially magnetic ones.

Gary

W0DVN