TopBand: Splitting Beverage antenna output

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Splitting Beverage antenna output
From: Dave Pascoe <dave@mathworks.com> (Dave Pascoe)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 13:28:59 -0400 (EDT)
I'm looking for some anecdotal stories on this one.....the theory is
fairly straightforward.

Goal: Feed at least 2 receivers from a single Beverage without seriously
      degrading received SNR

Beverages: 580' EU, 800' JA, 1500' Oceania (rough lengths)
           Matching transformers used on all Beverages

This is for a contest application only.  So my idea was to place a good
preamp (ARR makes a decent one) at the Beverage feedpoints and then use a
power splitter in the shack to feed the two receivers (160/80).

I'm interested in any other ideas.....fire away.

73
Dave KM3T