TopBand: TS870 Remote Control Program

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TS870 Remote Control Program
From: dennisgp@mut1.muscanet.com (Dennis G. Peterson)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 19:41:33 -0500
Recently I installed a new Kenwood 870 rig here in the shack.  I just
finished installing the RS232 cable that remotes the rig with the computer.
Since I'm a novice at this remote stuff, can anyone give me some quick
pointers on how to etc to at least get the idea of running the rig through
the computer?  I know there's an operators manual for the RCP95 program, but
it doesn't tell one very much at all, nor does it give any examples for the
novice.  I guess these guys just figure everyone is a sharp wizard ath this
stuff and they know everything there is to know.

I would like very much for anyone to offer their help and recent experience
with same to me thru this reflector. Thanks de N7CKDennis/0
***************************
*N7CKD/Dennis G. Peterson *
*1815 Mulberry Avenue     *
*Muscatine, IA 52761-3554 *