TopBand: TY1RY: Repeated Queries from 160M Ops

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TY1RY: Repeated Queries from 160M Ops
From: merchant@silcom.com (Stephen Merchant)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:04:44 -0700
Here are some clips from a note I received from W6OTC, the TY1RY organizer
earlier today.  The references to "today" in the note refer to Thursday local:

>Hello, Steve.  We have no 160m antenna and will not be on 160.
>
>Our two Force 12 antennas only arrived today.  We erected the C4 and the
80m vertical without problem but the C4 is fixed on the US/Western Europe.
The 80 m vertical has a center frequency of 3630 with an SWR of 1.2.  At
3590, the center of RTTY activity, SWR is 1.4.  Tonight we will see if it
actually gets out.  We will be listening from about 2300z at 3590 for a
test.  Probably will be too early for you to hear anything.

>The 2KL is not working.  Don't know why and Icom is not much help.

They have at least one other amp., a Ten-Tec Titan, so they'll be able to be
heard without the little ICOM amp.

Sorry to report this to the 160m Deserving.  I'll do what I can to organize
something better for 160 next year.

73, Steve W6EMS
<VK9LX from 1995 CQWW RTTY/VK9LZ Trip>