TopBand: Inverted-L question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted-L question
From: W8JITom@aol.com (W8JITom@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 13:19:31 -0400

>s sucessfully
>by twisting the feedline together and feeding them against ground.  The
>ground is still important.  In the poor soil of the West resonant elevated
>radials work best.  They can be loaded if space is limited.

In the poor soil of Georgia, and the poor soil of New Jersey, a bunch of
radials on the ground work best. A few radials (like 8 or less) in the air
are better than a few radials on the ground, but neither is anywhere near a
lot of wire on the ground or in the air.

An A-B test with a field strength meter and no other changes says this is so,
so it isn't a "intuitive feeling" or a model in the cases I know of.

73, Tom