TopBand: 87A Update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 87A Update
From: dmcduff@gate.net (Douglas A. McDuff)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:37:39 -0400
Thanks to all who replied to my request.

I just got off the telephone with Ray Heaton of ETO.  Here is the
latest...Dick Ehrhorn has just purchased the communications line from ETO
(including alpha amplifiers) and will be relocating within the month.  All
warranties will continue to be honored by Dick.  Ray said that he declined
the offer made to him and is not going with Dick.  Rather, he will remain
with ETO and is going into the commercial division.

In Ray's stead, Dave Wilson has been hired as the new director of technical
operations.  The chief tech who worked on the 87, Chris Mason, is no longer
with the company.  However, he comes in at night to help them catch up.  Ray
said that Dave's plan was to shorten the turn around on the 87 to 2 weeks.
However, at this time he was unable to say how long that it would take to
get my 87 back.  And yes, it will have to go back as Ray said the PIN diodes
had failed and were not user serviceable.

So, I suppose that I will be sending, after it is well insured, my 87 into
the "black hole".  I will update as I learn anything further.

CU on topband (barefoot) and 73 de Doug / WB4MAI.