TopBand: Sunrise Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Sunrise Conditions
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 09:49:29 -0400
--IMA.Boundary.133462448

NO0Y wrote:

VK5BC and UA0KAG active this morning
with UA0KAG peaking 579 into KS at
1202 utc. First UA station on 160!
NO0Y

     We heard someone in MN work UA0KAG about same freq as ZL2UW.

     ZL2UW was very readable just above the low QRN at 1100Z on 1831.6

     VK5BC was bouncing around up the band a bit.  I called him once near
     1836 and he came back but QSB killed the QSO.

     The last 2 - 3 mornings signals seem to peak early and drop off well
     before sunrise.  Last year VK5BC would be very loud 5 minutes before
     sunrise.  Today he faded out at my QTH 10 minutes before sunrise.

     George             K8GG
--IMA.Boundary.133462448--