TopBand: 1st VK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 1st VK
From: scott.a.long@owenscorning.com (long, scott a.)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:05:30 -0400
Around 1030z or so I hrd VE1ZZ working VK6HD. QRN on my end was
terrible, cudn't hear Mike. Gave up and went up to get ready for work.
Went back down to shut things off arnd 1140z, saw a spot for VK6HD from
K8MFO for 1133z. I thought, I'll never hear a VK now, its broad daylight
outside!  I listened on the rx ant, nothing, listened on the Inv-L, just
noise. Still guys are working him. So finally I started messing arnd
with the filters in the rig and the Timewave DSP, FINALLY!  I hit the
right combination.  I cud hear him on the Inv-L thru all the QRN. I gave
him a call, Mike sent, agn agn. I called agn and he came back to me, abt
37 mins after my sunrise.

Tks Mike!       (#80 and 20 to go)

73, Scott  AA8SM