TopBand: W0CM article and the coaxial beverage antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: W0CM article and the coaxial beverage antenna
From: dennisgp@mut1.muscanet.com (dennis g. peterson)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 21:46:56 -0500
Hi all; Just thought you all might abe interested in what I've just
discovered concerning the coaxial antenna beverage as described by W0CM in a
recent issue of THE LOW BAND MONITOR NEWSLETTER/MAGAZINE.  I just finished
the two pieces of RG8X coax; that is the 25 foot section was shorted on both
ends and the 100 foot section shorted on one end and then the two ends
connected together.  I decided to see if I could hear anything with it just
LYING on the floor here in the shack.  So, I connected the modified RX
terminal on the TS870s with a piece of RG8x as well and then inverted the
connections to the 125 foot piece and for the past hour I've been sitting on
1.850.00 listening to the following stations and their RST report is as follows:

 1.     WA2IZL  5 X 5 ON 1.850.00
 2.     W2CYA   5 X 3
 3.     AA4MM   4 X 3
 4.     NT4U    4 X 1
 5.     KD1XQ   3 X 2
 6.     KI5PY   5 X 6 ON 1.891.00
 7.     K5DGH   5 X 3
 8.     KD3PX   5 X 3 ON 1.850.00
 9.     WA1OXT  5 X 2
10.     N4MXZ   5 X 3
11.     W1AW    5 X 1 ON 1.818.00

tHE ABOVE STATIONS again were heard with a 125 foot piece of coax coiled up
in the shack because I just finished the assembly of the thing.  The signals
being heard through the Kenwood TS870s with the AIP OFF; the NB ON; the N.R.
OFF.  If this is any indication of what this antenna is or will do once it's
positioned outside and in a straight line I'll be tickeled pink.  Comments,
criticisms and critique most graciously welcomed.  See ya all later de
N7CKDennis/0
***************************
*N7CKD/Dennis G. Peterson *
*1815 Mulberry Avenue     *