TopBand: Re:TB: 160 Meter Interlopers

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re:TB: 160 Meter Interlopers
From: lcpvt@together.net (Ralph W1ZK)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 05:11:15 -0700
JA3AAW wrote:

> Ralph W1ZK wrote,
> > Does anyone have any idea who these people on 1.830Mhz using Upper
> > Sideband are? They start around 1015Z and are speaking Japanese but don't
> > sound like the fishing boats that have appeared on 80 over the years. I
> > don't get any real azimuth direction from them (one of the drawbacks of
> > short beverages.)
>
>     If they are speaking Japanese....
>     How about talking to Mr. Naoki Akiyama = Aki NX1L ?  He is a staff
> of the ARRL Head-quarters in CT.
>
>     He may give you some of suggestion about Japanese QRM on 80/160M.
> Of course, he speaks Japanese language.  (I don't know his Email adr).
>     I think there are many Japanese hams in East Coast those who have
> USA ham licenses and guess Aki NX1L knows some of them.
>
>     Hope if someone could warn them giving QRMs on the air.
>
> FYI:    JA window = 1907.5 - 1912.5kHz CW, only 5kHz wide.
>             Max. limit output power in JA = 1,000W.
>
> FB DX !      de  Yosi - JA3AAW.
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
 Thanks for the note. That is a good idea. I will find Aki's E-Mail
address and see if can get him up to listen some morning. Again thanks
for the idea and hope cu on topband. No signals from JA here in Vermont
yet but should be starting in a few weeks. I listen up at 1907-12 every
morning. Again thanks and CUL    73's Ralph, W1ZK