TopBand: Broadcast Interference

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Broadcast Interference
From: wa2ago@earthlink.net (Terry Hahn)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 18:44:01 -0700
I am having trouble with local broadcast stations overloading my
FT-1000D receiver. Recently one of our local broadcast radio stations
relocated their transmitter approximately 6 air miles from my QTH and
uped their power out level to 22 KW.  Ever since then I have been
getting a series of birdies across the 160 Meter band.  Aparently the
new location and increased power output is overloading my receiver. And
word has it that there is yet another 50 KW station due to come on the
air in my area sometime next month.  Does anyone have information on
traps or rejection filters that i could use to lower the levels of the
signals in the 500 KHz to 1600 KHz range?  I understand ICE has a model
402X?? Has anyone ever used one of these or any other commercialy
available filter.  Hope you can help.  Thanks   73's  de Terry WA2AGO