TopBand: Planting Radials ??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Planting Radials ??
From: weightdn@bright.net (Mike Rhodes)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 18:38:35 -0400
Greetings All,
  Have been reading with interest the various discussions on ground
systems. As a related topic, I'm wondering what sort of 'ingenious
contraptions' you may have used to put your radials into or on the ground.
I have tried the 'weaving' of radials into the mat of the lawn but
unfortunately my city lawn is a little sparse in spots and would seem to
invite snagging with most anything. An ax for shallowly slotting the soil
and a finger for poking the wire into the slot has been used successfully
but sure isn't much fun! Surely someone has come up with a relatively
simple but effective device for at least making radial planting less of a
chore (short of tearing up and reseeding the lawn that is).

73 de Mike / W8DN
weightdn@bright.net