TopBand: Noise on the reflector

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Noise on the reflector
From: btippett@ctc.net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 06:15:21 -0400 (EDT)
At 10:56  10/22/96, you wrote:

>I recently asked this newsgroup and the antenna newsgroup a question
>about what feedline I could use for a Beverage.  Here is the summary of
>the replies I received.  Enjoy!  73/DX   Henry   WA0GOZ

Henry, I just wanted to compliment you on the nice summary.  I wish
everyone on the list would follow your excellent example of soliciting
replies directly and then summarizing.  We seem to be getting more
activity now which is great, but we all need to learn to be more
considerate of the quantity and quality of the messages we send to the
general list.  I subscribe to some other lists (BMW cars and motorcycles)
that are frankly becoming unuseable because of all the trivial garbage
some people feel compelled to send.  I would hate to see that happen here.

Please guys, THINK before you post to the entire list so that we don't
allow this list to become trivialized.  If you need QSL info, this list is
fine as a last resort, but how about trying other sources first.  If you
have a gripe with someone, send it to them directly and not to the list.
If you are replying to an individual, THINK before you copy the list and
ask the person to summarize.

Let's all try to keep the noise level down and the information content up!

                                73,  Bill  W0ZV, Topband Administrator