TopBand: TZ6VV

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TZ6VV
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 21:02:09 -0500 (EST)
        Larry is QRV on Topband again after being QRT since the winter
of the 92-93 season.  I worked him tonight at 2301 on 1833.5 with a very
readable 559 signal.  He is using a 40 foot high inverted-L with a small
number of radials.  He has an amplifier but I am not sure whether he was
using it since he recently had some problems with it and also since he
is concerned about creating local interference.  I believe he will be
back in Segou on November 10 and 11 and will ask him to give the time and
frequency that he will be QRV.  I'll relay this via the reflector if I get
any info.  Good luck to everyone on working him!  By the way, the band to
West Africa has been good here both around 2300 and 0600.  5N0MVE was on
1833.6 at 2245 on November 2 and 6W6JX was on 1833.8 at 0559 on November 4.

                                                73,  Bill  W0ZV

P.S.  His direct address is Larry Erwin, BP 395, Segou, MALI.