TopBand: Antenna Suggestions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Antenna Suggestions
From: softcom@voyager.net (Joseph S. Holstein)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 09:47:41 -0800
For 160, I currently use a 108 ft grounded and shunt fed tower with about
50 radials (average length about 90 feet). There is a 10 foot mast from
the top. I am considering hanging from the top 3 sloping 160m dipoles NE,
NW and SE, the ends being about 6 feet off and almost parallel to the
ground for the last 50 or so feet and far away from the tower (about 200
feet or so). This has been suggested to me by a very knowledgable contest
operator as being better than the vertical. Will this screw up the
vertical ? I am hoping that directivity obtained by switching directions
will be a significant improvement ?

73 joe n8ea