TopBand: linear loading

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: linear loading
From: a92gd@contesting.com (ROBERT G. FRICK)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:46:40 +0300
howdy folks,
  hope to have 160m vertical up within a week or two  but need to get some info
regarding linear loading first.
  situation is as follows.  I have a steel pipe mast which is approximately 43
ft in
length. it in turn is mounted on/in a 5 ft length of heavy duty pvc. two feet
of pipe
has been inserted into the pvc which leaves 3 ft of pvc which is acting as
insulator.
the entire structure will be erected in the middle of my flat roof which
measures 40ft
by 60ft. the roof is surrounded by a 3ft parapet. somewhere around 41 ft of
pipe will
be above the lip of the parapet. also the roof is about 12 ft from the ground
so all in
all the pipe will be around 53 ft up in the air.  the antenna is similar to the
K3ND
LOWBAND VERTICAL which was described in the July 1966 edition of THE LOWBAND
MONITOR.
The main difference is that i will not be using a spoked top hat assembly but
instead
will use four 35ft lengths of top loading wire running to each corner of the
roof. Pres
(N6SS) has suggested that I go for linear loading so the question is using the
info
which I have given you, what would be the dimesions of the linear loading
assembly.
Here in Bahrain I dont have access to much lowband literature.
  so folks, any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
73's
A92 GARBAGE DUMP
Bob