TopBand: XZ1N, and I was all wet!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N, and I was all wet!
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:52:36 -0500 (EST)
I was soaking in the tub a few feet from the shack, getting ready for the
contest...had the Rx set
on 1825.5.....audio coming through the speaker....it was about 2200z and
suddenly I started hearing a signal peak above the noise....couldn't ID, but
grabbed a
towel started drying off, heading for the rig...just before I got out the
phone rang, but the answering machine picked it up before I did....by time I
got to the rig the signal
had faded back in the noise....went downstairs to check the answering
machine, and it was Jeff K1ZM alerting me that XZ1N was peaking up
nicely on 1825.5!!

Soooo close but so far....73/Jon AA1K