TopBand: Sloper for 80

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Sloper for 80
From: PRICE.SMITH@worldnet.att.net (Harold Smith)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 14:57:09 +0000
Hi Jim:

My 80 mtr sloper is 1/4 wave of copper wire insulated from the tower, fed
with RG-213 and the shield clamped to the tower leg.
I cut it for 3510kHz and to work ssb I use a Nye-Viking MBV-A tuner.
Yes it did change the tuning of my 160 mtr shunt feed. But the nice thing
about using an omega match, it was easy to retune it for a 1:1 vswr. I also
have a 40 meter inverted-vee at about 75 feet.
I think that an elevated feed for 80 would work fine but mess up the 160
operation. Maybe someone has tried it ?

73 de Price W0RI