TopBand: Who's Running how much power; who's doing this and who's doingt

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Who's Running how much power; who's doing this and who's doingthat?
From: dennisgp@mut1.muscanet.com (dennis g. peterson)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 11:59:34 -0600
Gentlemen:   Who really care's?   If you stop and think about it, If a
Foreign Country is allowing and or allocating their countries hams to
operate using more power; Let it be.  Who are we here in the USA think we
are?  None of us are GOD, and NONE of us have the RIGHT to say that another
country can do this or that or that they can't do this or that.   WE here in
the USA are governed by the Rights, Rules and Regulations as set forth by
the various Communications Bodied Governments.  Whether it be the IARU, The
ARRL or simply those as set forth by the Federal Government.  As citizens of
the USA we either have to obey them, or step forward and try to do something
legally through getting ourselves elected to a position that could possibly
change the situation through NEW BLOOD IN THE LIMELIGHT; or keep our mouth
shut and go along with the flow.  Bitching and complaining about other
countries allocations and operating habits and conditions certainly isn't
going to change ours.

I personally feel that had it not been the change for some of these contests
in which these countries may or may not be running the additional power, "WE
might not have even heard them".  If this is the case, how would you like it
if our government or the ARRL stepped in and said OKAY, Those countries that
were running the additional power during the contest, if
USA stations worked any during this period, "THEY DON'T OR WON'T COUNT FOR
DXCC CREDIT".  Youi certainly wouldn't like that now would you.

Let the other countries set their own limitations and allocations and power
limits; and let start abiding by those as set forth in our own country and
try to be LEGAL.  Only a CHEATER KNOW HE/SHE'S CHEATING and they are the
one's who have to live with THEIR CONSCIENCE;  Not Me Not You.   If one
doesn't like the rules of the contest, then don't get into it.  There are
two (2) positions of operations on a TRANSCEIVER.  ON & OFF.  We all have
the right to make that choice during the test.  If you don't like the way it
is going DON'T PARTICIPate.    Hope to see/Hear many of you next weekend in
the ARRL TEST.  73s de N7CKDennis/0

                        N7CKD's WORLD TOPBAND

                        FREQUENCY ALLOCATIONS

                                TABLES