TopBand: Auroral Oval pictures

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Auroral Oval pictures
From: GRJOHNSON@VAX1.BEMIDJI.MSUS.EDU (GLENN R. JOHNSON, M.D.)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 21:59:36 -0600 (CST)
Thanks to Dick, WJ0M, here in Minnesnowta!

The URL for pictures of the northern and southern hemisphere
auroral ovals (zones), see:

        http://www.sel.noaa.gov:80/hempower/

On the southern hemisphere picture, even Kerguelen is outlined,
and Heard Island will be just south of it.  Right now, Heard is
just beyond the auroral zone, near it's edge.

BTW, several of us will be arriving on Reunion (FR) December 28th.
We will try to be QRV on 160 as soon as we can.....maybe even for
the second day of the Stew Perry contest.  My grid locator only
covers NA.  Does anyone have the grid square for Reunion Island?

Our call on Reunion will be TO0R.

73! Glenn W0GJ

Glenn R. Johnson, M.D.        email:      grjohnson@vax1.bemidji.msus.edu
Home:  218-243-2611           BBS:        WA0PUJ@K0LAL.#NCMN.MN.USA.NA