TopBand: Re: Fwd: 160 M DX window

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Fwd: 160 M DX window
From: aa8u@voyager.net (Bruce (AA8U))
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:02:05 -0500 (EST)
To: <topband@contesting.com>
>Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 23:14:37 -0500 (EST)
>From: Dave Pascoe <dave@mathworks.com>
>To: Jim Reisert AD1C <AD1C@tiac.net>
>cc: Matt Strelow <kc1xx@kc1xx.mv.com>, Dave Pascoe <km3t@mathworks.com>,
>        AA8U <aa8u@voyager.net>
>Subject: Re: Fwd: 160 M DX window
>
>On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>
>> Bruce is right - we shouldn't be calling CQ in the DX window.  Plain and
>> simple.
>
>Not so plain and simple, really.  If you're working DX, it's fine.  In
>any case, it's a matter of opinion at best.
>
>Everybody has their favorite rant in life.  Bruce's just happens to be
>strict enforcement of the DX Window on 160.  This just isn't a battle I
>choose to fight in life.  So on this issue I side with Matt (and many
>others as well, all solid hams who I respect).
>
>73
>Dave

It is obvious to me from the above remarks that "this crowd" will continue
to abuse the "DX window" just as they have in the past. It is also clear to
me they feel they are doing nothing wrong in operating the way they do.

I am certain that it will be useless to try to apply peer pressure as they
don't have any "peers" that disagree with them (by definition).

If it is ok for this clique to abuse the "DX window", then I should think
it would be acceptable for others to join them. Maybe then it won't be so
much of an advantage, i.e. having a clear freq to work DX at the expense of
the rest of us, those in the "non-peer group".

It looks like this issue will soon die on the vine as the "DX window"
concept will not survive as intended and will become a fond memory soon.

If you think this is my "rant" in life you are wrong. I could really give a
"s**t", but I thought I would entertain my self with this subject this
month.....get a life!

73 to all my contest peer group,
Bruce
aa8u@voyager.net