TopBand: condx 12-4

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: condx 12-4
From: wb6tza@compuall.net (wb6tza@compuall.net)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 08:49:37 -0800
K2WI wrote

>Wondered what the hubbub was on 1830.  I found out when I called CQ DX on 1827
>and a EU station told me ZS8IR was there.  Listened for a long time but not a
>peep heard.

NOTHING heard here either-

>9X4WW was fairly strong and worked some NA guys.  I worked him for a new
one and
>then he started calling for USA.

NOT HERE! never heard a thing!

>Worked EA3JE,as did others, usually the sign of a good opening.  If Lou
improves

totally quiet here!

>Although the band was fairly empty (I think most of EU was on 1830 calling
ZS8),

A minor understatment!

All I heard was a brief peak around 0200 of a qso on 1826... otherwise
silent from the far areas.. did not listen after about 0230...

You guys get the 50-75 countries in EU in the test-- all we get is JA and
KH6..  Hope we get an opening, but with the predicted K at 6 I doubt that we
will hear EU in the test..  Wish more DX stations had the patience to grind
thru the domestic noises to work the stations who DO listen for DX..

73,  robin, WA6CDR (op at N6LL & XZ1N)