TopBand: condx & activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: condx & activity
From: wb6tza@compuall.net (wb6tza@compuall.net)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 18:55:06 -0800
We got spoiled really fast!  A couple weeks of fantastic conditions, and
then normal conditions return and the QRN.. and everyone goes away.   I
noted the broadcast beacon in HS coming thru lasthis morning, but there was
only KH2D working a few Jas, and then nothing for much of the early morning.

OF course the band is dead- no-one is transmitting.

When there are few signals (or even when quite a few,)  get on and TRY-  You
might be pleasantly surprised!  Over the years, I have worked quite a number
of deep pacific stations early in the morning, with no-one in the cue to
follow me... and the DX called CQ and then went away...

73,  robin, wa6cdr/n6ll/xz1n