TopBand: Grid distances for Stew Perry Contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Grid distances for Stew Perry Contest
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 14:11:45 -0800 (PST)
A man who has one watch knows what time it is...  A man who has two
watches is never sure.

Well, the same can be said for knowing the distance between grids.

Dave, K8CC, provided me with a file that shows the distance between
CN85 and all the other grid squares in the world.  I compared this
to what my distance calculator and the answers are slightly off (maybe
about one percent).  I downloaded the GRID program from the ARRL BBS
and it gives a slightly different answer.

I doubt we will be able to figure out why we are getting differnet
answers before the contest comes.

It is obvious to me that the top logs will need to be rescored using
a common yardstick before we know for sure what the final totals are.
I will be making software available to the log checkers to do this.

Just FYI.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com