TopBand: 160 activity (or lack)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 activity (or lack)
From: PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov (PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 09:30:34 -0500 (EST)
I've been listening on 160 and been very disappointed in activity.   I watch
the WWV numbers ( I realize they are not THE way to predict openings) and they
seem favorable for openings.. Last night the A and K were 0  and I heard very
little activity.  I DID hr N6TR calling cq DX with a nice loud sig from the
West with no answers. After a brief chat with WW2Y he stopped calling.
DJ7AA has been on 80 cw and ssb but not on 160.
My point: Does anyone else think that the band has been rather punk lately ?
or do I need to start checking my feedlines ?
Or are we all listening and not hearing ?

Just random thoughts (wasn't it around 12/28 when we had the GREAT JA openings
last year?)
73
Merry Xmas
Slightly Frustrated DXer