TopBand: Good SMorning!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Good SMorning!
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 02:50:44 -0600
  160 finally got back into December form tonight!
  I left work four hours late today and only heard ON4UN when I first
turned the radio on at 0455z.  He was not much above the noise level
and the only European heard then.
  I left the radio and exercised for a while.  Around 0600z stations
started to reappear.  OZ2RZ and SM4CAN were early good signals.
Around 0645z the gates opened--Scandinavians (particularly SM's)
appeared in droves!  The numbers of other Europeans was also large.
I ended up working 10 SM's (even though I didn't hear some of the
regulars--SM5EDX & SM4HCM) and 26 Europeans!
  Hopefully this is the start of a trend...

73,  Bill     K0HA