TopBand: Real Christmas story

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Real Christmas story
From: John Sm5edx <mg10348@gaia.swipnet.se> (John Sm5edx)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 07:04:01 -0500
Christmas present

Been looking for KH2D some weeks now,but the problem is that he usually
up late and never qrv at his sunrise.Heard him faintly at 14z one time
but that is too early for us here.

This Xmas I´m almost on my own,my brother is working in Vietnam so its
just me and my mother.( Told her not to bother and buy any xmas presents
-she is 78 now and didn´t  want her to worry abt that)

Here in SM we exchange presents in the evening 24 Dec. - At 2130 local time
I was watching a good movie on TV ,when I came to think of that it was
time for sunrise in KH2.Tured on the radio -heard someone calling cq on
1828 -but freq no good coz s9 carrier.....
Hooked up Oh2BUA cluster and found out that KH2D reporting himself cq
on 1828!! so quickly I ask him move to 1828,5 and he replies "I´m
listening" . 1828,5 is clear and he is 559 (for half an hour)
I log kh2d as nr 250 on 160 at 2030z...
Called the other guys in the " SM topband club for mutual admiration",
but only get a hold of sm5bhw and sm4can -they also work him with noooo
problems........

While writing this (25Dec 0600z) I´m qsx german guy working westcoast
on 1829 -not a beep here!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW 160m YEAR !!

(Thanks Santa)

joh.sm5edx@mbox200.swipnet.se