TopBand: 160m Beacon !

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160m Beacon !
From: reparkes@eureka.lk (reparkes@eureka.lk)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 14:07:53 +0600
Colombo 28 Dec

The BC station on 1908kHz is actually a 2nd Harmonic of 954kHz.  Should have
checked that info before I posted it!!

As robin/wa6cdr commented it was on past 1600hrs as I confimred this last
night.  It came on again at 2130 then off again at 2200 and on again later
but apologies no info on that will check again and get Victor 4S7VK to use
his knowledge of BC stations to confirm where it actually comes from and see
if we can get a better schedule for its activity.

OZ8RO said it was a good idea to use it but Russian SSB upset the idea.  I
had the same problem with Russian SSB last night clobbering the JA window
and making it impossible to get the calls etc.

73s
Bob Parkes