TopBand: HEARD ISLAND MESSAGE # 6

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: HEARD ISLAND MESSAGE # 6
From: john.devoldere@innet.be (John Devoldere)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 22:09:44 +0000
*      H E A R D   I S L A N D   D X - P E D I T I O N    *
*         MORE NEWS  /  RTTY  / 160  /  MONDAY            *
*  Dec 29, 1996 - The Heard Island Pilots - Messg. # 6    *

9V1YC, K0IR, W0GJ arrived well TODAY. The FD4 broadband
wire was installed, and Glenn prepared the 160m vertical.

ON4UN has listerned for the past several hours on 1826.5
but has not heard any signals that he could copy. He seems
to have heard some faint CW, and heard one or two Scandina-
vian stations calling, but nobody seems to have made contact.

We all think they need to break open the containers (under
custom) and get the Alpha linears out!

Peter made 150 QSOs on RTTY tonight and said "this came to
me on line tnx to the feedback of the pilots.. RTTY is done
with heard equipment, but only with 50 watts"

Message for the RTTY-ers: pse short overs, QTH and name nor
state is not needed, only taking bandwidth.

Peter added that he did not work a lot of EU nor JA yet, as
the time we have available right now is limited to evenings
only. This will get better as more people come in, and we
will have spare operators for the daytime. Right now all
work during the day.

As of tomorrow evening they should have 4 stations up and
running

Seven more operators are flying out of Paris tomorrow night,
on the same flight, to Reunion island.

73,

Your pilots: ON4UN, N1DG, W0EK, K0EU, W4WW, W2IJ, JH1ROJ

*                 H.I. INTERNET ADDRESSES                 *
*Heard Island reflector: heard@ve7tcp.ampr.org            *
*Heard Island WWW site: http://www.ccnet.com/~cordell/HI/ *
*                       http://www.aurumtel.com/hnews.html*

john.devoldere@innet.be
Call us in all major 1997 contests: ON4UN or OT7T
John Devoldere (ON4UN-AA4OI)
POBOX 41
B-9000 Ghent (Belgium)