TopBand: December 30th (GMT)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: December 30th (GMT)
From: aj6t@slip.net (Walter Miller)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 17:56:43 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, jsweeney wrote:

> The evening/early morning of Sunday/Monday produced excellent
> band conditions!   I was listening on 80m at 0400 and could hardly
> hear any European stations.  Knowing that the band can change,
> I decided to stay up.  By 0500, a few stations were coming thru.
> By 0600, 160 came alive!   At least here in Illinois, I have
> never heard so many G, OZ, LA, SM stations at one time!

John,
I heard you making many of those contacts.  For comparison of band
conditions on the west coast, I was able only to manage a very marginal
QSO with ON4UN at 0718z.  Please send some of that propagation out this
way, it has been a very disappointing season so far.
73, Walt
Walter Miller, AJ6T    Saratoga, CA    USA   CM87
Reply to aj6t@slip.net