TopBand: Wire & Ant HW recommendations?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Wire & Ant HW recommendations?
From: kiddi@marel.is (Kristinn Andersen)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:11:07 +0000
Hi, folks... new year's greetings from Iceland!

In preparations for the spring (antenna) season, I need to
place orders for some WIRE ANTENNA hardware.  I am seeking
your suggestions / experience regarding any or all of the
following:

  Ready-made wire antennas
  Antenna wire (up to 80m/240ft span)
  Wire antenna support string material
  Baluns (1:1, 4:1, others...)
  Prepared open-wire feeders or spacers for making them
  HV fixed/variable capacitors and inductors (for matching)
  (Egg-) insulators and other hardware...

  Mail order vendors for the above, preferably one that
  carries most of the above and provides prompt service.

If you have comments or advice for me on any of the above,
please drop me a mail and I will summarize to the list if
there appears to be interest.

73s de Kristinn, TF3KX (kiddi@marel.is)