TopBand: Condx, 11 Jan

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Condx, 11 Jan
From: 100646.2344@compuserve.com (Don Field)
Date: 11 Jan 97 05:20:14 EST
Didn't want to get up this morning, having had a long day yesterday in Paris,
but am chasing HR3/K9BG for a new one. No success with the HR - guess condx
didn't favour (or "favor" as our US friends spell it ..) Central America
tonight, despite excellent signals from TI9CF earlier in the week.

But West Coast was great. Worked N7EX VE3IY/7 N6TR/7 N6AW K9JF/7 W6FSJ N7JW K6VX
W6DAO AJ6T and K6ANP. Also delighted to work K1HTV (MD) when he was running just
1 watt! I know some other West Coast were calling me, but there was a lot of QSB
about. However, some of you guys were strong! with N7JW taking the honours
(honors!) this morning for the loudest from 6/7 land with me.

Station here is an inverted-L at 75ft. FT-1000D and Alpha 89.

73 Don G3XTT