TopBand: QSL INFO - A92GD

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QSL INFO - A92GD
From: frickrg@batelco.com.bh (Bob Frick)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 06:16:20 +0300
Howdy Y'all,

  First of all I would like your assistance in ensuring that the following
information
gets passed around on the various reflectors and clusters and other dxcc qsl
data
bases.  Please do not send QSL cards to my FPO address, all QSL cards are to go
directly to my QSL manager K1SE at the following address.

                K1SE
                PO BOX 685
                MANASSAS PARK, VA.
                20113-0685

   Any mail that comes to me here in Bahrain only has to be sent back to my
manager
which just makes the QSL process take a little longer.  I would really
appreciate your
assistance in this matter.

   Secondly, for what reason I dont know since I am a newby to TOPBAND, I have
been
getting hammered lately by AM Broadcast interference almost constantly.
Although there
was a little bit when I first got on TOPBAND last December, for the last week
or so,
actually around the time VK0IR went active, the AM Broadcast interference is
there almost all of the time.  Being located on an Island off of the main
shipping
channels means there is a lot of Ship to Shore stuff floating around and
Bahrain has a
ship to shore Morse, Sitor, Broadcast station (A9M) who appears to be all over
the
place and mostly likely is the cause of a lot of my problems. HOWEVER, I do
have an ICE
AM BROADCAST REJECT filter on the way and hopefully it will be here within the
next 4
or 5 days. Also, I've asked my manager to contact KM1H to order a slinky
antenna kit
but the status of that is not known at this time. One way or another I will
improve my
receive capability and also get rid of the interference.

  Sooooo, Hang in there y'all.

   73

   A92 Grumpy Dog
   Bob