TopBand: Slinky order Update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Slinky order Update
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 18:51:52 EST
As I mentioned a week or so ago, many have been unable to find the metal
Slinkys.
I finally had a chance to go to the Toys-R-Us store in Nashua, NH and
'reconnoiter".
They had 21 Slinkys in stock and were glad to get rid of them since the
Christmas season was over and they did not plan to restock until May. It
appears that other stores will not carry them at all so it is probably a
local management option.

ANYWAY.... I had a loooooong talk with the manager and he has agreed to a
buy IF I give him an upfront order AND payment for a case of 96 Slinkys.
Actually, that is no big deal since over 50 Slinkys were requested from
me in the past week.

What I need is orders for only 25-30 more and I will go ahead with the
order. Price will remain at $2.25 each plus $5 UPS  per order up to 10
pieces for USA delivery. Since I am only buying a case their cost is way
up and they are only doing it as a favor...thru family involvement!!

No..you cant get one of those 21. They went to OY9JD, ZS6EZ, A92GD.

Also the reports from happy users has been great.....it may explain a few
of the "new guys to the band" that K1ZM reported working VK0IR. I
certainly recognized some of the calls!

Mail check or MO to:

Carl Huether
Box 973
Pelham,  NH  03076

Or call me at 603-635-1170 for a chat on your nickle.

73..........Carl    KM1H