TopBand: 160 WAS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 WAS
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 06:59:37 -0800 (PST)
Well - congrats to Leif on his 50th state...  these things are
happening more often than retirement parties for DXers..  Ever
wonder what the bands will be like when 95 percent of the ham
population retires?  Sorry...  off subject.

Now that all these DX stations are finishing their WAS, what will
they do next?  Us lucky USA hams will always have another country to
work - and if we happen to have worked them all, Martty will
invent one for us.

So, I think we need to invent some new states.  Otherwise, what
will 4X4NJ do with his sunrises??

Some suggestions:

State of Confusion - this will be the name of Washington D.C.
when it becomes a state so it won't be confused with Washington
State.  It will be in the 6th call area since the 6th call area
currently only has one state and that will continue to promote
confusion.

Jefferson State - About time Jeffereson got his own state.  This
state will be made up of the grid squares DN43 and DN42.  If
people thought it was hard to work Idaho or Wyoming - wait until
they try this puppy.  About the only ham living in this area is
N7NG, but he is never on the air during good openings because he
is always on a dx-pedition somewhere.

Tri-State - This state will consist of three areas, which are spread
around the country to make them easy to work.  They include grid
squares CM02, FN51 and EL58.  The total land mass of the three
squares combined is about 3 tablespoons (about as much as you
can hold in your hand for our DX friends using the metric system).
This one should be a favorite for yachtsmen.

That should give everyone a few more seasons of fun.

73 The Rat
k7rat@jzap.com