TopBand: Fine Condx 2Day

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Fine Condx 2Day
From: dl3kdv@distel.robin.de (Dieter Voss)
Date: 01 Feb 1997 08:45:00 +0100
Very fine condx this morning in central EU. Started arround 5z with a qso
with Bill, K0HA who was very loud. The last qso in CW was at 7.05z a quarter
past sunrise with K6AM in CA.
Jim, N7JW, ( in SSB) was still 57 at 7.20z. Didn't want to give him a call
cause several other EUs were calling him. Finally saw a Spot in the US-
Cluster that KH8/N5OLS was hearing on the QRG and had light copy on my
friend DF2PY.
So decided to call Jim and ask for trying with KH8/N5OLS. But Jim and I had no
copy on the KH8..
I guess it was to late for me. Maybe western EU would still have had greyline
condx with KH8. It is one of the most difficult paths for us, so guess
the one and only chance for the season is over. But very nice to see, that
signals are also heard in parts of the world you only dream, but not think
about.

73s Dieter