TopBand: This morning - N6TR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: This morning - N6TR
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:52:12 -0800 (PST)
Listened briefly last night - without hearing anything.

This morning, there were several stations on, although nothing was
heard from S21XX.

Rolf, XV7SW was coming in pretty well and seemed to be hearing many
of the stations calling.  He was on his purchased frequency of 1827 and
was listening on 1824.  He was best on the vertical.

VK6VZ was CQing for awhile on 1830 around 1445Z.  Steve was pretty
weak and the W6s seemed to have the edge.  I went to take a shower
hoping he would be better when I came back.  However, he was gone.
Later, he answered a N5KO CQ (on 1829 kHz) and was much stronger
(around 1515Z).  Several stations called him when he was done,
but maybe he felt it was Trey's frequency.  He did mention QRN which
is no surprise.  He was 569 at this point.

BV4ME showed up on 1825 around 1520 with a very good signal - 569.
He also seemed to be hearing well and was easy to work.  Nice to
hear so much activity from BV.  My only previous QSO until yesterday
was K1RX/BV from about 6 years ago.  Now if we can just get some
similar activity in Korea and China.  The dipole seemed to have the
edge on this QSO.

The V5 looks like a good possibility next week.  I hear the TN operation
is over.  Need to get my TI9CF cards mailed to Carlos (via TI2CF) and
am still waiting for QSLs from many recent QSOs: OE5KE, CT1BOH, XZ1N,
XU6WV, 6W6JX, D44BC, YS1ZV (3rd attempt over last year), EU6AF (along
with everyone else), RK3PA (need to resend via UW3PN), YL2SM, HR3/K9BG,
PJ5AA, UN5J, T31BB and of course VK0IR :-).

The K index looks good - but the flux has crawled up over 80, so who
knows what tonight will bring.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com