TopBand: DJ5QY works his 1st US on topband

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: DJ5QY works his 1st US on topband
From: bernie.mcclenny@mail.wdn.com (Bernie McClenny, W3UR)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:34:24 -0800
Today I got a QSL card (direct) from Ulf, DJ5QY from Neusitz, Germany.  The
QSO was from January 21, 1997.  This was one of the best nights we've had
this year on 160 meters.  I gave Ulf a 339, he was very weak.  Well after
reading the QSL here's what I found out.

"Rig: 50 Watts, Antenna Indoor Magnetic Loop, 90 cm, 4 turns of coppertub 18
mm.  My antenna-condx are very poor.  But condx had been great.  Pse QSL
direct!  First USA-stn on top-band."

I was running 100 watts and a 4 square.  He gave me a 599.  I hope Ulf is
soon able to put up a bigger antenna, outside. Hi.  73 de Bernie

--
Bernie McClenny W3UR (ex WR3E, WB3JRU)