TopBand: Talk about a good night!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Talk about a good night!
From: ve9aa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 03:32:14 -0400
I must have sat on a horsehoe today or sumthin'!
2 new countries in one night!
vp8ctr after being spotted by k6sss (tnx.)
then not long afterwards finally made it through an unruly mob
on 3.799.8 SSB for vk9ns.  Asked Jim if he had any plans for 160m?
His response (which totally blew me away btw.)
"QSY to 1831 NOW"
Well 1/2 the country must have been listening on 3.799 'cuz as
soon as I sent the "TU JIM" they all started calling.
Belive it or not, I think it's only my 3rd or 4th country in the
Pacific !  ........Bruce, hurry up and go back to ZK1aau will ya'?

Now if we could only get a few more of the zk1, h44, t32's to bring a
longer antenna, maybe we could convince them the IS life below 7.001!

MIKE/ve9aa

Michael & Coreen Smith
271 Smith Rd, Waterville
Sunbury Co, NB, E2V 3V6