TopBand: ZS8IR Dupe Sheet: 10 Feb

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZS8IR Dupe Sheet: 10 Feb
From: crb@nanoteq.co.za (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:07:54 +200
Chris had his best opening yet this morning.  He worked something
like 35 North Americans.  Now if only he could have heard the OX
calling him (or if only I could have worked the OX!).

Looking at the list for the day, it looks like Chris could have
checked into the W4 Pig Farmers' Net!

He is in high spirits about 160, after the ongoing antenna battles of
the last few months.  I think he'll probably remain fairly active
over the next few weeks.

This morning was amazing; while Chris had his best ever conditions at
his sunrise, I had virtually nothing.  I could hear a UA6 calling CQ
for about an hour, but almost nothing else on the band.  I called CQ
for 75 minutes, and worked only a 7Q, W1 and G3.  The G3 was armchair
copy, but not another European in sight.

Chris has now become aware of 9X4WW's situation.  To the guy that
implied that there was some kind of a personal vendetta going on, I
can only say:  You've obviously not operated Top Band from
southern Africa in summer.  I can hear dozens of signals calling
me, but only one or two, at best, might be copiable.  The static
level is almost never below S9.  I'm 2000 km closer to Marc than
Chris is, and I sometimes have trouble identifying Marc's signal.

Maybe the remark says more about the author than about the
situation...

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ

ZS8IR Dupe Sheet (After sunrise 10 Feb, 148 Stations)
* indicates new additions (since 8 Feb)
If you're on this list, you will receive a QSL.  PLEASE do not work
him again!  He only has two months left on the island.

3C5Z
4N7Z
9A2TW
9Q5MRC