TopBand: Countrie Totals Going Up

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Countrie Totals Going Up
From: sears@rell.com (sears@rell.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:29:41 -0600
     I received several new cards recently, JY9, KH2D, and S92SS. S92SS
     also sent me a picture of his transmit antennae. It is an elevated GP
     with approximately 50' of vertical and the rest is a flat top. He also
     has four 55' radials which are connected to a common series variable
     inductor for tuning the radials.

     This year has brought me more new ones than any in recent past. I
     believe that this reflector is one of the reasons (the antenna array
     also helps). I have netted 16 new ones this year to bring me up to
     #194. With the recent catches of 9X4, 5X4, Z31 and EK6 things are
     looking up.

     Does anyone know the time and frequency that S21XX shows up on top
     band? The last several days I have listened at sunset, 2300-0100Z on
     1826.5 and haven't heard anything. Also tried our sunrise 1200-1330Z
     but nothing. Last night 2/10 the band was very good. 5X4F was 589 for
     over 15mins with a total opening of 35mins. Here in Texas the number
     of usable 160m nights will start to drop off with the upcoming tornado
     season. But I look forward to next season with a new 4 square on
     80meters and a couple of changes to the parasitic array on 160meters.
     Good luck to all!

     Peter
     W5PS