TopBand: Propagation Forecast

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Propagation Forecast
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 07:01:53 -0500 (EST)
        Gentlemen, please keep the discussion of poor operating
practices off of the reflector.  I have a lot of opinions also but
this is NOT the forum to vent them!  If we let this reflector degenerate
into this sort of discussion, it will die.  Also, I cannot believe how many
people STILL cannot figure out how to reply to an individual instead of
the reflector.  Please THINK when you start typing.  If you want to
vent your frustration, write your nasty message, but let it sit for
24 hours before you SEND it.  You will probably decide not to send it
after 24 hours.

        On a positive note, the band seems to be improving from the
Aurora we've had the past several days.  This forecast shows continued
improvement into the weekend for the ARRL CW contest.  For those DX
stations looking to complete WAS, this is the BEST contest for that
since QRM levels are far down from the CQWW DX and other 160 contests.
Good luck to all and have fun this weekend!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

        Prepared by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Environment Center

             Twenty-seven Day Outlook
                Issued 11 Feb 1997

    UT     Radio Flux   Planetary   Largest
   Date     10.7 cm      A Index    Kp Index
12 Feb 97      72          10          3
13 Feb 97      72           8          3
14 Feb 97      72           5          2        Last day S21XX
15 Feb 97      72           5          2        ARRL DX CW (2 days)
16 Feb 97      72           5          2        P29? (not sure when)
17 Feb 97      72           7          2
18 Feb 97      72           5          2
19 Feb 97      72           5          2
20 Feb 97      72           5          2
21 Feb 97      72           5          2
22 Feb 97      72          15          3        CQ 160 SSB begins 22 UTC
23 Feb 97      72          15          3
24 Feb 97      72          15          3
25 Feb 97      72           8          3
26 Feb 97      72           8          3
27 Feb 97      72           8          3
28 Feb 97      72           8          3
01 Mar 97      72           8          3        ARRL DX SSB (2 days)
02 Mar 97      72           8          3
03 Mar 97      72           8          3
04 Mar 97      72           8          3
05 Mar 97      72          10          3
06 Mar 97      72           5          2
07 Mar 97      72          10          3
08 Mar 97      72           5          2
09 Mar 97      72           5          2
10 Mar 97      72           5          2